Official Contest Rules
- Create a fantasy-themed render using elements inspired by myths and legends from any culture.
- Post your submission on the Daz Gallery using the hashtags #MadeWithDaz and #MythicalContest. Submissions without the #MythicalContest hashtag will not be considered.
- Contestants are encouraged to write the origin of the myth (culture and story), as well as the depicted person/creature’s name, in the gallery post description.
- Complete the Contest Submission Form in full.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions per individual, however, an individual can not win more than once.
- Winners will be determined by a group of judges based on the best-looking, most creative depiction of tales from myths and legends.
See full Daz Mythical Render Contest rules below:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Daz Mythical Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who submit artwork using any Daz 3D assets in a fantasy/mythological setting using #MadeWithDaz and #MythicalContest on the Daz Gallery, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest allows participants from all countries allowed by law to conduct business with the United States. Depending on the winner’s country of residence, specific rules, payment and paperwork might need to be adjusted or completed based on compliance with local laws. Daz 3D employees, Published Artists, and contractors may enter but are ineligible to win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Daz 3D, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Daz Render Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 8, 2022, and ending on September 25, 2022. All online entries must be submitted before September 25, 2022, at 23:59:59 MDT (UTC-6).
- How to Enter:
- Create a fantasy-themed render inspired by myths or legends using any characters, structures, or assets as long as the content follows Daz 3D’s guidelines.
- Post your submission on the Daz Gallery using the hashtags #MadeWithDaz and #MythicalContest.
- Complete the Contest Submission Form in full
The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Daz 3D. There is no limit to the number of submissions per individual and you must fill in the information requested for each submission. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Daz 3D.
- 1st Place: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming Graphics Card
- 2nd Place: Panasonic LUMIX G7 4K Mirrorless Digital Camera (with SD Card and Battery Pack with Charge Station)
- 3rd Place: $500 Gift Card
- 3 Runners-Up will receive $150 in store credit and a year of Daz+ if they are not a member
6 individuals will win one of the six outlined prizes. Winners outside of the United States may instead receive a gift card due to shipping and regulatory restrictions. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Daz 3D to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winner of the Contest will be selected using the following criteria:
Following the entry requirements in section 4 – Best communicates the message of myth and fantasy, highest quality render, and best use of Daz assets. The winner will be selected by a committee of Daz artists and employees, who will evaluate the entries. Winner will be notified via email at the account they entered the Contest with, within five (5) business days following the winner selection. Daz 3D shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner(s) cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner(s) selected. The receipt by winner(s) of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Daz 3D, anyone acting on behalf of Daz 3D, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Daz 3D reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Daz 3D may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Daz 3D. Daz 3D reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Daz 3D reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who does not follow the decency/nudity guidelines of Daz 3D. Daz 3D has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Daz 3D reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Daz 3D and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF UTAH, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Utah having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Daz Productions Inc., 224 S 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any third party.