The Daz Install Manager is up and running, and you want to get going! You’re close; there are just a few steps left:
- Install Daz Studio (yay!):
- Click the “My Account” link at the top of the webpage.
- On the menu at the top of the screen, click “Product Library.”
- Find and click on “Daz Studio 4.12” in the list of products.
- Choose the appropriate file for your system (generally 64 bit for Windows or Mac, 32 if applicable).
- Follow the installation instructions as prompted.
- “Genesis 8 Starter Essentials” auto-installs with Daz Studio 4.12.
- This starter pack is totally free and offers base female and male characters, hair, a starter outfit, and lots of preset poses so you can start creating right away!
- Follow the same process to install any additional Starter Essentials packages.
- Phew — you’re done, for now. Start the software and follow the instructions on your screen to get started.
- Each time you acquire additional content through the Daz 3D store, you’ll need to click “My Account,” then “Product Library,” then download and install the corresponding file.
- Find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the DIM and start creating!
- Time for the Daz Tutorial:
- This tutorial will guide you through basic elements of how to get going with Daz Studio.
- The Daz Tutorial teaches how to load in a new figure, how to apply hair and clothes to your figure, load an environment, and apply a pose preset.
- The tutorial also covers further posing and shaping your character so you can make individual character adjustments for your scene.
- Don’t miss out on the quick tips and keyboard shortcuts for fast navigation
- Lastly, the tutorial will show you how to set up your first render and start rendering!
Next post: Early Troubleshooting